As a singer, you ought to know some of the terms used in your profession. This will enable you communicate efficiently with other people in your field.
Although there are many of them, I will share some important ones with you here. You will find the others in my Sing like a Superstar book.
1. A Cappella: Singing without any form of instrumental accompaniment.
2. Ad lib.: To improvise and deliver extemporaneously or to perform spontaneously.
3. Back-phrasing: A stylistic technique where the singer is either ahead or behind the beat, on purpose. Some pop and jazz singers use this technique.
4. Bel Canto: Singing that focuses on beautiful sound, not on acting or emotion.
5. Blend: In solo singing, the smooth transition between the head and chest voice. Or when more than one individual is singing, the sound combination between singers, which preferably makes it difficult to pick out one singer's voice amidst the group.
If you know more, share with us here.
This is just about the few important ones I would like to share with you. You can find the others in my book. Do not hesitate to call us to get your ow copy.